This was sort of a quick little project here, something to keep me occupied until I had the time to work on something totally new and different.
Basically I worked with some old resource files which I originally created for my work Black Rites realitysquared.deviantart.com/…
The original skull was a default from Poser with a couple of custom made horns which I custom textured and rendered using Bryce 4. There were actually three different renders each with a different texture which I merged together during post production.
Using Photoshop 7 I flipped the render and placed them side by side as you see then I began the process of merging the two skulls and fusing them into a single entity.
Most of the detailing was done using a single pixel brush, occasionally a 3 pixel brush although the brush size never went above 9 pixels.
Many of the imperfections in the render were airbrushed out, and in the process I completely recreated the eye sockets, sinus cavity and the teeth. For the record each skull was airbrushed and treated seperately so each one will have unique details.
The full size work is 2044 pixels by 3291 pixels at 150dpi
Full Resolution details can be seen here; realitysquared.deviantart.com/…